Friday, March 9, 2012

.the past year has proven to be a year of growth.

Well I've almost been MIA from the blog world for about a year and it hit me this week that I need to get back just for a little mommy sanity. After having three beautiful friends give birth this week to darling babies I've started to realize why a blog is such a good way for people to connect.

I love nothing more than living vicariously through pregnant friends...I LOVE THE PREGNANCIES, I LOVE THE BELLIES, I LOVE THE LABOR, I LOVE THE BABIES! I know that many of you probably think that I'm absolutely crazy because what is so HOT about gaining weight, stretch marks, pushing a bowling ball out, and engorged boobies. I hate to say it but I had one of those flawless pregnancies and a pretty decent delivery. I will say that the first month with Brooke was touch and go and there were lots of learning moments. However the good times definitely outweighed the bad times. Now don't get me wrong...there will be a time for baby number two, three and four however, for right now we'll enjoy the sweet moments that Brooke graces us with everyday.

I'm sure that you've wondering what we've been up to for the past year. Well here are the top 10 moments.

1) Brooke turned 1 on September 24!
2) We purchased our first home in San Diego! We'll be here for at least the next three and half years (hopefully longer if  I have anything to do with it). If you are ever in the area feel free to let me know! We have a wonderful guest house and I've got a free pass to the zoo!
3) Greg completed his intern year and has almost COMPLETED his second year of residency! His time at work has been crazy busy but he's soo stinking smart and I couldn't be more proud of him.
4) I RAN A FREAKING HALF MARATHON! what in the world!
5) Brooke started walking at ten months. Needless to say life has been a little crazy ever since!
6) We've made LOTS of new friends down in San Diego and are sooo blessed to have a satellite family down here to help!
7) Greg and I celebrated our second year of marriage on July 11th! Keep in mind that we have know each other since 2000! So basically we are already an old married couple.
8) We've had lots of friends and family visit us and spend lots of fun time in the sun! Nothing beats putting on your bathing suit in the middle of December!
9) I've been blessed with seeing lots of old friends! LOTS OF WEDDINGS in the last year! Can't believe we've made it to our ten year reunion already!
10) I've strived to document everything! PICTURES, PICTURES, and more PICTURES! I can't believe where the time has gone. I love nothing more than going down memory lane and seeing where Brooke was at this time last year!

The content of the blog is going to stay pretty neutral. Feel free to throw out topics, questions, situations! Maybe another mommy has been in the same boat as you! After all we have to bond together. Help one another out and laugh at the fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment